In Daniel 2, Daniel and his three friends prayed together for God to intervene so they would be saved from a certain death. God answered their prayers.
I would like to give you a special invitation to pray together for revival and spiritual awakening in our nation.
A couple of months ago my mentor, Dr. Greg Mathis, invited me to participate in a day of prayer for revival. You can read about about the original plan for the Mountain Top Prayer Meeting here. The pandemic and shutdown orders have changed how this prayer meeting will take place.
Instead of meeting in a specific place for prayer, you are being invited to make time on Tuesday May 5 to pray for revival and awakening in our country.
This prayer time came from the heart of Fred Lunsford, a 95 year old preacher and prayer warrior whose ministry has been built on prayer. On numerous occasions, Fred has asked the Lord to let him go to heaven. God’s response, “Fred, you are still here because I want you to pray.” Fred’s passion for prayer has inspired hundreds of others to pray for God to move in our country. You can read about the invitation from Mud Creek Baptist Church here. You can read the invitation from Milton Hollifield, the Executive Director-Treasurer for the Baptist State Convention of NC here.
During the sermon on April 19, I invited our listeners to commit Tuesday May 5 to prayer and fasting. More than 100 individuals associated with Wilkesboro Baptist have already committed to pray. As of the time I’m writing this, more than 60,000 people across our nation have committed to pray!
Thousands of believers all over our country will be praying at 10 am on Tuesday May 5. If you are able, would you give at least an hour to prayer at 10 am? If your job or responsibilities make the 10 am time untenable, would you commit an hour at another time during the day to prayer? Oftentimes fasting and prayer are connected. By fasting on May 5 you are acknowledging your complete dependence upon God. Would you consider fasting as well and giving even more than an hour in prayer?
You can reply in the comments of this blog or on the social media platform you read this from that you are going to pray with others for revival and awakening in our land.
Revival is for God’s people. Praying for revival is praying that God will bring his followers to repentance, surrender, and holiness.
Spiritual awakening is for unbelievers. Praying for spiritual awakening is praying that God will open blinded eyes, soften hard hearts, and bring sinners to salvation.
Here are some specific ways you can pray for revival and awakening:
- Father, you are holy. Would you help me to bow before you as King and Lord?
- Father, I am in need of revival. Would you show me my own sins? Help me confess and repent.
- Father, your people need revival. We need to have a renewed vision of your holiness, a renewed pursuit of your glory, and a renewed surrender to your will. Will you bring your followers all across our world to a place of surrender and repentance? Would you send us revival?
- Father, our land is hurting from a pandemic. Would you intervene in this pandemic by healing the sick, providing treatments and vaccines, and granting strength to those who are caring for the sick?
- Father, would you use the disruption caused by this pandemic to bring us back to you?
- Father, many millions in our nation and billions in the world are dead in their sins. As bad as this pandemic is physically, our sin is far more terrible spiritually. Would you reveal your holiness and love through Jesus Christ and bring a spiritual awakening to sinners all over the world?
- Father, would you give wisdom to our government officials (local, state, and national) that they might make the best decisions for the health and prosperity of our communities, states, and nation?
- Father, would you continue to bless our churches with wisdom, provision, and spiritual growth through the midst of these trying days?
You don’t have to wait until May 5 to begin praying. Let’s seek God together for revival and spiritual awakening.
Photo by Amaury Gutierrez on Unsplash
7 thoughts on “Monday Meditation: Praying For Revival and Spiritual Awakening”
Hi Chris, Mac and I will be praying on May 5.
Thank you Mac and Vickie!
I commit to an hour of prayer on May 5th.
We will pray for revival on May 5th.
We will be praying for Spiritual awakening and revival on May 5th. Thanks Pastor
We will pray for revival and an awakening tomorrow. Thank you for your comments about faith. I cry easily, but I had not thought about God weeping. That touched my heart.